The hospital that recently disclosed they had been giving overdoses of radiation told the Los Angeles Times that they had contacted all those affected by the medical error. However, some four people claim that they were only asked about hair loss and not told of the mistake or its potential cancer risk. The patients claimed that doctors neither acknowledged any medical error nor explained that the patients had been exposed to eight times more radiation than necessary. One victim had lost clumps of hair in the shower, leaving him bald from the tops of his ears to his neck. He told the doctor that his hair had grown back and that was the end of the conversation. The hospital has said the overdoses stemmed from an error made when the hospital reconfigured a scanner to improve doctors’ ability to see blood flow in the brain. The most serious risk from the radiation overdose is a brain tumor. Ethic experts state that if medical error was done, the hospital would have a legal obligation to tell patients of any mistake. To read more about the medical mistake, please click the link.