In 2001, an 18-month-old little girl climbed into a hot bath and suffered burns that landed her into a PICU. Two days before being released from the hospital, the young girl died from dehydration and medical error. She died despite her mothers concerns with the hospital staff about Josie being denied liquids and being administered narcotics. Her mother has now written a book entitled Josie’s Story: A Mother’s Inspiring Crusade to Make Medical Care Safe. She hopes the book will inspire medical professionals to make less medical errors and inform parents of their rights. Too often parents are dismissed because medical personnel believe that they “know best.” However, when 98,000 die each year from medical error, doctors should listen their patients. To read more about Josie’s story, please click the link.