A family in Illinois has been affected twice by the bacterium commonly referred to as MRSA. First, the woman gave birth to a baby girl. After taking her home, they realized she developed MRSA. She died shortly after. The family gave birth to a second baby girl when medical staff at the Illinois Hospital recognized the same MRSA infection on the baby’s skin. According to the article, up to 1.2 million MRSA infections occur in hospitals each year. However, many hospitals are cutting down on their budgets to counteract infections. If you feel you or someone you know has contracted MRSA from the hospital, you may want to consider contacting a medical malpractice attorney.
Read more about the MRSA infection here.