Published on:

Hospital Fined for Surgical Error

After leaving a sponge inside a surgical patient, a hospital was fined for medical malpractice. The patient underwent an infected catheter removal when the operating physician and nurse had a miscommunication issue that led to the sponge never being removed. The patient suffered from intense pain, nausea, and vomiting from the hospital’s alleged medical malpractice. The sponge became absorbed into a cyst that had to be removed.

Read more about the medical malpractice error here.