In a rare blog post, here we are giving advice on how to avoid germs and avoid hospitals while traveling over the upcoming holiday season. Illnesses and trips to hospitals sometimes follow after flights. For example, in 1994, a woman transmitted tuberculosis to at least six of her fellow passengers. Here are tips to avoid that hospital trip:
1. Sit near the front of the airplane. There is better airflow in the front of the aircraft.
2. Do not drink coffee or tea on the airplane. The EPA shows that water in airplanes’ water tanks isn’t always clean and coffee and tea are made from that water, not bottled water.
3. Sanitize your hands after leaving an airplane bathroom.
4. Wash or sanitize your hands after getting off an escalator.
5. Wash or sanitize your hands after using an ATM.
For the full article.