CNN recently featured an article about how consumers can help to receive their own optimal healthcare by being prepared and helping their doctors. While in an ideal world, a doctor would have your health history, current medications and most recent lab results in front of him or her, the reality is that these things get lost in paperwork. Here are tips for your future doctor visits:
1. Bring a list of medications.
2. Come armed with your personal health history.
3. Bring in your recent test results and doctors’ notes.
4. Make a list of your concerns.
5. Don’t ask your doctor insurance questions. These are better answered by the doctors’ staff.
For the full article.